Job ID: 131056518
5 - 10 years
The D.A. Collins family of companies has brought safety, quality and productivity to industrial, infrastructure, highway and bridge construction for over 68 years. As members of the D.A. Collins Companies, D.A. Collins Construction Co., Inc. is seeking reliable individuals for full time permanent positions as Senior Project Managers/Estimators at our corporate office located in Wilton, NY.
This position involves all estimating and management of bridge and/or heavy highway construction projects.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume detailing your qualifications and interest in the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in bridge construction.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- A record of successfully estimating and managing bridge/heavy civil construction between the $5M to $40M.
- Have a working knowledge of means and methods, crew composition and production rates for concrete and steel bridge construction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CMP scheduling software.
- The ability to work with and lead a team to complete projects with in stated deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Position may require travel
- Follow and reinforce company safety policies.
- Read, review, and evaluate projects to bid for risk, schedule and chance of success.
- Reviews plans and specifications to determine scope and resources necessary to complete the proposal.
- Attend pre-bid meetings with the owner, vendors and subcontractors.
- Develop a complete and accurate bid proposal including; quantity take-off; crew composition; material and subcontractor pricing.
- Compare bid pricing to historical data.
- Review project methods, costing and schedule with supervisor.
- Lead a team of estimators on large or complex projects.
- Develop a project D/M/WBE subcontracting plan.
- The complete preparation of bid documents.
- Help prepare post bid documentation for award.
- Prepare and maintain the project budget.
- Negotiate material purchase and subcontracts.
- Develop and maintain the project CMP schedule.
- Represent the company in communications with the owner, engineer, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop and manage project documentation.
- Manage billings and change orders.
- Prepare project financial statements.
- Visit project sites to observe construction methods
- Communicate and reinforce the company vision, values and goals.
This is a salary position, and provides health insurance, paid vacation, retirement plan as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401k plan.
Location: Wilton, NY but position may require travel
Apply to: click to view
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law