Job ID: 133195046
5 - 10 years
Summary: CCE is seeking an experienced Senior Site Superintendent/Site Manager for our design/build construction project in Bamako, Mali. The Senior Site Superintendent/Site Manager is responsible for Site/Civil/Structural/Architectural implementation and coordination of each trade discipline and routinely inspecting the construction for total compliance to the contract.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force including assistants, foremen, subcontractors and other construction related personnel.
- Assist Project Manager in the supervision and responsibility of the total construction effort in accordance with design, budget, quality, and schedule.
- Assist with providing technical assistance (interpretation of drawings, recommendation of construction methods and equipment, etc.) as required, including coordination with mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection.
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract.
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner, Architect/Engineer and Partners.
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan in coordination with Project Manager.
- Coordinate with site Quality Control including conducting quality inspections.
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
- Communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program.
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates.
- Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports to document weather and field conditions, trade and subcontractor manpower, progress and conditions impacting the project.
- Conduct subcontractor meetings.
- Attend and participate in project meetings.
- Follow direction of the Project Manager.
- Ability to coordinate the scheduled activities of the various trade disciplines and efficiently plan the work and site.
- Organized and proactive to monitor the inventory of materials and supplies to prevent loss, damage and pilferage.
- Ability to control and monitor labor, material, and equipment.
- Ability to coordinate and direct independent scheduled and unscheduled testing and inspections as required.
The Senior Site Superintendent/Site Manager derives his or her authority, and performs all duties with guidance, from the Project Manager. The Senior Site Superintendent/Site Manager is responsible for supervising, managing and coordinating the efforts of the superintendents and field labor force on a day-to-day basis.
- 5 years’ experience as a Superintendent on construction and/or design-build projects.
- Prior international experience supporting construction for the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO).
- Knowledgeable of OSHA and construction safety requirements and methods.
- Knowledgeable in the progression of design/build construction activities, identifying any potential deviations from the established project trajectory and effectively resolving issues through communication and contractual compliance.
- Knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with design professionals, consultants, and the client while directing the construction and subcontractor personnel.
- Must be able to pass the US Government security background check in order to access the project location. Felony records will not pass the background check.
- Security Clearance to the Secret level preferred.
Work Environment/Job Conditions:
This position requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all Company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite.
The candidate shall disclose to CCE any medical conditions that may affect the candidate’s ability to perform the job as described in this job description.