Job ID: 137349228
5 - 10 years
Inside Edge is a progressive, entrepreneurially spirited company headquartered in Eagan, MN. Named a 5X Top 100 Workplace, the company originated in 2004, and has grown to be the national leader in commercial retail flooring services. We do business with the nations “Top 40” retailers (i.e. Kohls, Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Office Depot, Party City, Best Buy, etc.) and the top Senior Living chains. The company’s program approach is unique in the market and is supported by industry leading technology - - including a proprietary IEX on-line project management system - - which has enabled significant growth.
This role requires a confident, driven, assertive, well-organized, individual with an aptitude for identifying and cultivating new opportunities and then maintaining and expanding relationships with strategically important large and medium-size customers to achieve sales revenue and profitability goals. The ideal candidate is achievement oriented and comfortable cold calling. This role operates in an organization that deploys a more consultative sales process, often with a 12 – 18 month sales cycle. Must be able to lead the account planning cycle and willing to develop an understanding of a prospect or existing customer’s business, in order to effectively identify solutions that fit well with the prospects/customers strategy and requirements. The ability to work collaboratively with an account service team is essential, as is being able to facilitate communication, make cold calls, be persistent, negotiate effectively, and create mutually beneficial relationships.
- Responsibilities –
- Applies strategic sales acumen to open new avenues for growth and alliances, including establishing productive, professional relationships with flooring industry contacts (i.e. manufacturers, retail end-users, C-suite decision makers, distributors, etc.) and key personnel in assigned existing customer accounts.
- Proactively engages Marketing to support prospecting activity at the “high-value” target level and to generate interest in the Inside Edge brand and services.
- Participates in industry events, associations, and trade shows, etc. to identify and generate new prospect leads.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and labor management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Proactively leads joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on a regular basis. Provides customer insights and makes recommendations for how Inside Edge can continually differentiate itself to ensure it is a preferred flooring solution partner.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company / service-team personnel.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Monitors and evaluates industry, market and competitor activities, and makes recommendations based on these factors to ensure the continued growth of the business.
- Accountabilities and Performance Measures –
- Achieves assigned sales revenue goals in designated strategic accounts.
- Effectively manages pipeline/existing accounts and meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives and maintains high customer satisfaction ratings as defined by company management.
- Prepares sales reports and updates regarding activity, productivity, revenue performance, on a regular basis, and as requested by the Management or Executive Team.
- Provides regular reports to manager regarding activity, productivity, revenue performance and account / prospect status.
- Follows company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
- Other Duties as Assigned – This role is dynamic and the unknown may occur. Therefore, one must be prepared to accept additional responsibilities and activities as the organization evolves.
- Ambitious and Results Oriented – Committed to going above and beyond to meet objectives; is relentless and highly motivated to achieve results.
- Assertive – Can foster mutually beneficial relationships, is strong and self-assured, does not avoid confrontation, is comfortable asking for business and effective at closing a deal.
- Adaptable – Ability to fit in with diverse people at all levels and to read a situation and quickly adapt;
- Fast Learner – Displays an unquenchable thirst for learning and exhibits a curiosity to know and understand products, services, customer needs, new technologies, technical details; Eager to gain a full grasp of the industry, competitor offerings, and the newest developments.
- Proven experience in strategic national account management and ownership for activities and results
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics and discipline for meeting established goals.
- Ability to negotiate and meet customer requirements
- Hands-on experience with CRM software and MS Excel
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills- ability to actively listen
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Ability to work in a small company environment that is continually changing and growing
- Hunter Mentality: Demonstrates a continuous achievement-oriented desire to pursue new business, to cold call and over come obstacles.
- Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrating initiative, self-confidence, resiliency and a willingness to take responsibility for personal actions.
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress.
- Persuasion: Ability to help others discover reasons to change the way they think or what they believe with regard to your industry, company, products and services
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Self-Management: Demonstrating self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
- Goal Orientation: Energetically focusing efforts on meeting a goal, mission or objective.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people.
- Negotiation Skills: Influencing others to get agreement on terms for the purchase of products and services
A four-year degree in Business, Sales or Marketing is preferred with a minimum of five years strategic sales experience, preferably in the construction/flooring industry.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions/Travel
The position requires a high level of energy, often for focused periods of time in order to achieve business plan and sales revenue results. The job operates in a professional company office or “home office” environment. Travel is needed during the business day depending upon customer needs, trade show season, and new business development opportunities. Some multi-day, overnight travel may be expected in various parts of the USA.