Job ID: 148876506
1 - 3 years
We are hiring. If you are interested in working for a Highway and airport pavement maintenance contractor performing work in the mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states please contact us. If you like to travel and see new places our job might be for you. You would need to have basic mechanical skills to perform minor repairs on equipment and trucks assigned to your crew. You would be responsible for a crew with approximately 7 employees. These crews perform work on Roads and airports pavements. Your crew would be based out of our home office in Freeman, Va. You would travel to various states and oversee the crew assigned to you.
Candidate needs to be able to manage crew. You will be required to work along with crew members to ensure quality and to train any new employees. Basic computer knowledge is preferred to report labor and material usage on a daily basis.
The Foreman will communicate daily the project status with customers and our office. In addition, the Foreman will ensure that all materials are installed per specifications for the project and all work is completed to proper specifications.
The Foreman will perform tasks involving physical labor by operating one or several types of maintenance equipment, such as skid steers and Crack seal melter applicators, as well as traffic control installation or any maintenance project assigned to the Team.
Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and standards
- Participate and monitor the training and on-going development of subordinate employees
- Learn and follow safety regulations
- Enforce all safety regulations, and to be constantly alert to all safety conditions
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met
- Clean and prepare jobsite to eliminate possible hazards for crew and public
- The Foreman will directly supervise and coordinate the activities of all workers engaged in pavement maintenance, and crack sealing and will evaluate their performance.
- Evaluate situations and suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crews
- Coordinate work activities with estimators, division manager, and office.
- Record daily job information such as personnel, production time, material, equipment and operational data on specified forms and reports to be turned in daily
- Assign work to laborers, based on material and work requirements of specific jobs
- Order or requisition materials and supplies when needed
- Ensure proper jobsite signage and traffic control of each project
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zone
- Take pictures of projects (i.e. before/after, Warranties, Accidents)
- Clean and clear debris from culverts, catch basins, drop inlets, and ditches, and other drain structures
- Facilitate safety meetings and crew mini-huddles
- Enforce personal company polices (i.e. Drug & Substance Abuse Policy, Sexual Harassment and any other necessary disciplinary action)
- Create a positive work environment through coaching and motivating to achieve company goals.
- CDL Driver’s License, Class A or B preferred but not required.
- Coordinate with office to ensure both quality and proper use of the material/manpower
- Inspect work in progress and ensure performance within established procedures
- Report hours and materials used on Foreman’s Daily Report
- Have a working knowledge/experience of crackfilling as well as operating equipment
- Project experience with airports, state highways and city Streets
- Must be able to manage a crew of 3-8 people
- Coordinate and ensure both the quality and proper use of the material
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ensure periodic maintenance of equipment used by your crew
- Class A or B CDL preferred with clean driving record
Please email resume and wage requirements.
We are a drug free workplace.
Salary Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
We offer health insurance and dental insurance and 401K