Job ID: 168325392
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under general direction, the position has primary responsibility for managing the Agency's contract database including the tracking and communication of supplier performance and contract compliance. The incumbent will ensure that all of the Agency's contracts and other related agreements comply with federal, state, city, local, Agency and other laws, regulations, rules, directives and procedures.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
This section serves to illustrate the more typical aspects of the work indicative of the classification. The primary functions of the classification are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of each position allocated to the classification. The responsibilities and essential duties typically performed by positions allocated to this classification on a frequent and recurring basis include:
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED General supervision is provided by a higher-level administrative or other management staff. Provides expert and/or lead person guidance to professional or support staff performing contract related duties, or who are engaged in contract related projects. Responsibilities may include technical or functional supervision of lower level personnel.Contract Management
• Plan, prepare, administer, and monitor contracts, professional service agreements, master service agreements• Managing the Agency's portfolio of contracts by providing leadership for the contracts administration, compliance and database function• Organize, maintain and electronically track all contracts and related documents
• Oversee contracts from the assignment of a contract number through the completion of the contract, including the proper execution of the contract
• Manage contracts to ensure cost, service and quality requirements are metContract Compliance
• Act as the departmental contracts compliance officer to ensure that all contracts and agreements conform to federal, state, local, and other laws, regulations, rules, directives, and procedures.
• In collaboration with General Counsel, interpret and disseminate state, federal, and local regulations.
• Update and maintain documentation on compliance with federal or state regulations
• Act as the liaison with other government agencies regarding contract issues to ensure consistent receipt and dissemination of information.
• Review pending legislation for impact on Agency projects and / or contracting practices.
• Coordinate, hear, and resolve complaints, claims, and protests related to contract and other agreements
.• In collaboration with Procurement Services, ensure that staffs are following Agency procurement procedures in the award of contracts.Statistical Analysis and Reports
• Prepare and distribute monthly status reports and statistical data to facilitate planning and maintenance of accurate contract records and files to the Executive Director for all contractsTraining and Customer Support
• Train staff on contract writing, circulation of a contract and administration of a contract
• Develop and conduct training on contract and financial administration of long term contracts
• Participate in and provide support for initiatives such as contract management, project management, problem resolution, and customer support
• Provide excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and all members of the general public
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION GUIDELINES:Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Agency. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Four years of professional-level administrative experience, including responsibility for contract preparation, solicitation, and negotiation. Public sector administrative experience including responsibility for contract preparation, solicitation, and negotiation is preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred;
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Work requires considerable knowledge of:
• State, federal, and local labor and/or contracting laws, policies, and procedures.• State and federal funding programs and procedures.
• Principles of organization, administration, and project management.
• Administrative research techniques and data collection and evaluation methods.
• Principles of technical analysis and report writing.
• Competitive bid practices and procedures.• Methods used in evaluating vendor capability and performance.Work requires considerable amount of skills in:
• Public speaking.
• Oral and written communication.
• Public contracting practices
.• Contract negotiation, administration, and monitoring.
• Basic computer applications and software.
• Developing/writing policies and procedures.Work requires considerable amount of ability to:
• Provide expert/lead person guidance to professional/support staff.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently and cooperatively across departmental lines.
• Prepare concise and clear oral and written reports and contract documents.
• Analyze situations and develop effective solutions to complex problems.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Understand, interpret, and apply complex rules and regulations.
• Collect, organize, and evaluate information.
• Identify alternate solutions and project consequences of decisions and recommendations.
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency can't function without great employees. We are always on the lookout for talented, caring individuals to join our team! Employment with the Agency represents more than just a job. A career in public service is an opportunity to serve fellow citizens across Sacramento. Professions in government help...
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency can't function without great employees. We are always on the lookout for talented, caring individuals to join our team! Employment with the Agency represents more than just a job. A career in public service is an opportunity to serve fellow citizens across Sacramento. Professions in government help support many aspects of our community and considering a career in public service is an honorable choice.
The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is a great place to work. SHRA was honored with the 2010 Sacramento Workplace Excellence Leader (SWEL) award presented by the Sacramento Area Human Resource Association (SAHRA). The Agency was recognized for its organizational philosophy of meaningful work, commitment to employee development, work/life balance, and opportunities to have fun with co-workers.
We promote a commitment to community all across the Agency. SHRA employees feel good about the work they do everyday in the organization to make Sacramento a better place to live, work and play.