Job ID: 186757341
5 - 10 years
Doggett Concrete Construction, established in 1964, is a mid-size concrete construction company operating in North and South Carolina. Our services include commercial and residential concrete new construction as well as stone shooting and waterproofing. With a strong foundation and support already in place, we are adding this position to further grow the company.
Full-time individual needed to be responsible for managing the Residential Concrete Construction division which includes all new residential concrete construction, stone shooting and waterproofing services. This division has in place sales staff, project management and delivery staff, and administrative support. The primary responsibility for this position is to effectively manage and profitably grow this division.
The ideal candidate will have run a small to mid-size division ($10 million+ sales) in the construction industry and have been responsible for delivering sales, gross margins and operating profits against a budget. Experience in managing client, vendor, labor and other business issues is essential. You must be comfortable working independently and as part of a larger corporate management team. You will need to be a self-starter.
Duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Manage the daily operations of Division personnel including Sales, Project Delivery, Dispatch and Estimators
- Ensure proper staffing levels and training of all Division personnel
- Manage all aspects of the Division P&L including project budgets, costs and timelines, vehicle fleet, sales activities
- Assist project managers in resolving all customer concerns quickly and efficiently
- Meet or exceed profit expectations
- Evaluate Division performance and recommend new strategies for performance improvement
- Ensure all projects meet company profit requirements, are delivered on schedule, and meet company quality standards
- Must be able to accurately read and interpret construction plans, specifications, cost estimates and drawings for purposes of performing accurate quantity take offs and materials pricing
- Build relationships with customers to ensure continuing business success and growth
Material Management, Cost Control and Budgeting
- Ensure the division consistently manages costs, achieves budget and focuses on improving efficiency
- Ensure all costs are reviewed and approved, all project changes are noted and change orders are invoiced
Scheduling and Administration
- Manage the scheduling and delivery of all projects and services
- Ensure client satisfaction and delivery of contracted commitments
- Manage internal labor and subcontractors and ensure labor is highly productive
- Coordinate all project documents, obtaining required approvals in a timely manner
- Promote job safety, encourage safe work practices, and work with Safety Manager to ensure safety policies are followed
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, the Division Manager will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar or Associates degree with relevant job experience.
- 5+ years construction division management experience from a subcontractor’s perspective. Concrete construction management experience is preferred
- Proven track record in the successful management of a division including project cost, schedule, safety and quality
- Superior communication skills. Able to work effectively and develop strong working relationships with employees, subcontractors, clients and vendors
- Computer literate, experienced with Microsoft Office products to include Microsoft Project and construction programs such as Timberline, and PlanSwift.