Job ID: 204424056
1 - 3 years
Under general supervision, operates various equipment including graders, tractors, backhoes, front end loaders, articulated dump trucks, and compaction rollers. May also include forklifts and front skid steer loaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates graders for leveling and operates tractors to load materials such as dirt and rocks.
- Operates backhoe and front end loaders as required.
- Operates forklifts and articulated dump trucks to transport trash and materials.
- Operates various equipment for general site preparation, landscaping, and related assignments.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May lead, guide, and train temporary labor workers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- OSHA 10 hour Construction Industry preferred.
- OSHA 30 hour Construction Industry for Leaders preferred.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain a Driver's License
- Ability to perform random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.