Job ID: 210651100
10 - 15 years
The NCRC Housing Rehab Fund (the “Fund”) is a $100 million private equity fund focused on identifying and acquiring single family houses in various parts of the country that are rehabbed into quality, affordable homes and sold to low- and moderate-income (LMI) families. The Fund has been operating for three years and is aggressively expanding its investment program geographically to reach more affordable home buyers. NCRC Development Corporation works closely with the NCRC Housing Rehab Fund, LLC and related entities to carry out NCRC’s signature community development initiative: GROWTH (Generating Real Opportunities for Work Through Housing).
The National Director of Construction Management is an Executive-level position responsible for all aspects of construction, procurement and product development. S/he manages a team of regional construction managers who oversee rehab and new-construction of single-family houses across four broad regions: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Midwest, with new markets/regions on the horizon in 2019. S/he will also be responsible for assisting with developing scopes of work and design requirements to support the acquisition of single family property and vacant land for development.
1. General Construction/Project Management:
- Operate as owner’s representative nationally for GROWTH on all construction projects and having financial oversight of construction budgets (cost) and completing all projects on schedule and within the approved project budget.
- Develop and oversee methods, process and procedure for construction projects nationwide and assuring that process and procedures are being implemented.
- Standardize product development, including standardizing scope of work and rehab packages for the portfolio.
- Evaluate current material suppliers and compare with other options to achieve greatest value on materials.
- Coordinate with city officials/entities and consultants regarding construction projects.
- Review and monitor changes in scope on a project to ensure projects meet GROWTH standards.
- Monitor submittals and RFI’s to evaluate response times between parties and compliance with construction documents.
- Create/present budget construction numbers for all construction types.
- Develop/monitor construction schedules and construction progress.
- Track and manage improvements for leased properties.
- Develop quality controls and assessment tools.
- Travel frequently to conduct site visits, regional/market analysis of product, including performance of regional managers, general contractors and developer partners.
2. General Contractors and Payment:
- Qualify general contractors for financial strength, bonding capacity, and relative experience to bid on projects.
- Manage and evaluate general contractors for various projects. Evaluate bids and contractor responses.
- Develop systems, process and procedures to monitor contracts, projects and payments in coordination with GROWTH’s Comptroller.
- Review and approve construction pay applications, change orders and change requests.
- Standardize/prepare construction management agreements, and have oversight of the administration of construction contract for all regions and coordinating payment schedules with the Comptroller.
3. Acquisitions/Development and Dispositions:
- Work closely with the Director of Acquisition in providing estimates, repairs and punch list items on acquisitions and closings, respectively.
- Work with acquisitions and development teams on determining construction requirements for development opportunities, assessments of vacant land for development, etc.
- Work with Broker/Agents on selecting design and interior improvements.
- Manage third-party inspection teams to get properties to listed status and sold.
- Assist in data gathering for external and internal construction updates.
- Maintain proper paperwork, files and database and implement a system to monitor project schedules and project payments.
- Report to COO and CEO on field performance by market, e.g., percent on-time, percent on-budget.
5. Personnel Management:
- Manage staff of regional construction managers in the field. Implement methods and metrics to asses and monitor performance.
- Facilitate training and development for those under your supervision.
- Manage third-party contractors/consultants as required.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in constructions / project management focused in rehabbing and building single family homes and knowledge of systems and software to track and monitor project schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required or requisite experience