Job ID: 212800586
5 - 10 years
The NCRC Housing Rehab Fund (the “Fund”) is a $100 million private equity fund focused on identifying and acquiring single family houses in various parts of the country that are rehabbed into quality, affordable homes and sold to low- and moderate-income (LMI) families. The Fund has been operating for three years and is aggressively expanding its investment program geographically to reach more affordable home buyers.
The Fund is an affiliate of NCRC’s Development Corporation and is tasked to carry out NCRC’s signature community development initiative: GROWTH (Generating Real Opportunities for Work Through Housing).
Manage and supervise a wide range of residential renovation construction projects from start to finish in Atlanta, Georgia and Birmingham, Alabama. Oversee construction, monitor contractors, assist in estimating and controlling construction costs, drive properties to cost-effective dispositions, communicate status of estimates and construction progress, estimate and control risks associated with rehab or new construction, etc. Proficient in understanding residential construction systems, processes and procedures.
Lead efforts to improve, standardize and implement processes related to post-closing and construction management. Recommend changes to increase efficiency, increase quality control measures and/or reduce costs. Provide construction expertise throughout due diligence, rehab/building and closing process, as needed. Participate in document review related to construction blueprints, budgets, contracts, etc. Assist realtors with “punch-out” work to assure best results in selling properties.
Independently manage a portfolio of projects under construction, including overseeing construction progress and related fundings, identifying and analyzing issues, and recommending solutions.
- Coordinate and supervise all project-related construction activities.
- Track and monitor construction progress. Understand the impact of modifications to the construction funding schedule, as well as funding schedule, raise and address issues.
- Track and monitor construction progress for deals in assigned portfolio and turnover completed projects to the acquisition team for listing.
- Review change orders with 3rd party inspectors, check impact on schedule and budget with the acquisition team and recommend approval/disapproval.
- Obtain and review evidence of Builder’s Risk Insurance to insure GROWTH requirements are met.
- Administers construction contracts for projects.
- Coordinate and review supporting documentation, lien waivers and inspection results.
- Assist in the acquisition and development of scopes of work of assets and work with finance team to asses risk
- Track expenses and collection of expense reimbursement throughout construction, insuring that payments and collections are made promptly. Insure that expenditures do not exceed budget for construction.
- Assist National Director of Construction Management in finding, qualifying and hiring of new contractors.
Overall responsibility for an assigned portfolio of properties under construction.
- Prepare, update and scrub reports related to asset performance, construction status, portfolio concentration issues, etc.
- Provide update of regional issues in weekly reporting.
COMPETENCIES: The knowledge, skills and behavioral attributes necessary for acceptable job performance.
- Strong residential (rehab and new) construction experience. Large-scale, single-family renovation experience is desirable. Prior scattered-site residential construction experience (preferred).
- Strong experience managing multiple contractors with different deadlines.
- Technical construction knowledge to understand construction processes and terminology to assist in management of local contractors and systems.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and workload management. Able to work independently on multiple projects and manage multiple, sometimes conflicting, deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong detail orientation. Able to develop and use databases and spreadsheets to analyze construction issues.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- Strong and effective communicator, both written and verbally. Proactive in coordinating the flow of information among internal and external parties where appropriate.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Ability to use software to manage projects and schedules.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience required in construction, finance, real estate, or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in construction, construction lending, real estate and/or asset management.