Job ID: 213886691
3-5 years of construction experience required
The project manager plays a vital role in the growth of Top Shelf Real Estate Advisors. First and foremost, this individual must be dedicated to the company’s values: respect, integrity, transparency, excellence, initiative, and satisfaction. He or she must be knowledgeable of a range of hospitality assets and building systems and be process and detail oriented. We expect our project managers to obtain results that exceed the expectations of both our clients and senior management while maintaining a focus on fiscal responsibility.
Project managers work collaboratively with the CEO, CFO, and other PMs, managing consultants, and contractors. Our PMs work with various hotel brands to gain approval on client capital investments and design packages. Our fast-paced environment dictates that everyone handles several projects simultaneously, making professional recommendations that balance client satisfaction and interest.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• As instructed by Owner, arrange for, coordinate, supervise and advise the Owner with respect to various development services prior to design and construction of the project, including due diligence, site investigations, land use and zoning matters, and similar development services.
• Develop estimates based on PIP and identify areas of risk. Evaluate and make recommendations to the Owner concerning project cost estimates prepared by others.
• As directed by Owner, arrange for, coordinate, supervise and advise the Owner with respect to the selection of design firms and consultants, and the execution of design and consulting contracts.
• Formulate Request for Proposals (RFP) to send to contractors/vendors for each part of the bid selection process. Typical RFPs may be sent for Exterior Scope, Guest Room and Public Space Scope, and Warehousing and Liquidation Scope. Level all bids and advise the Owner as to the selection of the Contractors, and the execution of the construction contracts.
• Receive, review and forward to the Owner, as appropriate or necessary, design documents prepared for the project.
• Review and comment on design documents and drafts submitted by the Owner’s architect or other consultants.
• Develop an overall schedule for the project and submit to the Owner for approval. Review and evaluate proposed schedules of construction from contractors, with particular attention to the coordination of work. Make recommendations to the Owner concerning coordination and workflow.
• Coordinate contractor housing, if necessary.
• Make recommendations to the Owner concerning the use of the site by contractors constructing the project, particularly as they relate to staging and storage, ingress and egress, temporary signage, fencing, barricades, restrictions on hours of operation, safety considerations and similar considerations, and monitor all of the above.
• Monitor the progress of construction, and verify compliance with scheduling requirements, rules and regulations of the Owner, and the acquisition of proper permits, etc.
• Serve as the information conduit to the Owner from Owner’s designers, contractors, and consultants. When questions arise concerning the project, address questions and issues in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with the Owner’s operations and engineering staff to ensure that design and construction of the project properly tie into existing building systems and does not affect their proper operation.
Qualifications & Skills:
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS/ABILITIES):
Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
Ability to think creatively; open-minded in solving challenges in new ways.
Demonstrates personal initiative and entrepreneurial thinking.
Respectful in all communications. Must consistently promote integrity, fairness, and trust.
The integrity, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledgeable and experienced in furniture, fixtures and equipment purchasing, supplier management and negotiation.
Ability to read and understand FF&E specifications. Understanding of hotel operations.
A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Bluebeam.
5-10 years overall construction/project management experience is REQUIRED.
Construction/project management experience in the hospitality/lodging industry is preferred.
EDUCATION / LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in technical field is desirable.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
Top Shelf Real Estate Advisors, LCC
TOP SHELF Real Estate Advisors is a hotel project management firm that is redefining how project management should be done. Armed with hands-on expertise in construction, finance and hotel operations, and cloud-based technology to deliver full transparency of every project detail, we provide one-stop management services.
As former hotel... TOP SHELF Real Estate Advisors is a hotel project management firm that is redefining how project management should be done. Armed with hands-on expertise in construction, finance and hotel operations, and cloud-based technology to deliver full transparency of every project detail, we provide one-stop management services.
As former hotel owners ourselves, we understand and can anticipate the needs and wants of our clients and routinely exceed their expectations. We are dedicated to bringing projects in on time and on budget, or better. As a result, we deliver to our clients the peace of mind that inspires confidence and the loyalty to add to our growing track record of success.