Job ID: 222912266
3 - 5 years
Project Manager Position
A leading Marble & Stone distributing and fabrication company is looking for a Stone Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. As a Stone Project Manager, you will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Stone Project Manager must be well-versed in all stone installation and construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best result. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you! Join our team and learn the ins and outs of our industry!
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, site supervisors etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Proven experience as a Stone PM
- In-depth understanding of stone installation and construction procedures, natural stone material and project management principles a MUST
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- 3 years minimum of relevant work experience
- A detail-oriented approach to tasks
- A natural problem-solver
- Strong industry research skills
- Critical-thinking skills.Project Assistants help the project managers they work for by spotting problems with plans and designs.
- Detail oriented.Project Assistants must pay close attention to details so that the plans they are helping to build are technically accurate to the outlined specifications.
- Interpersonal skills.Project Assistants work closely with project managers, architects, engineers, and other designers to make sure that final plans are accurate. This requires the ability to take advice and constructive criticism, as well as to offer it.
- Math skills.Project Assistants work with technical drawings that may require solving mathematical calculations involving angles, weights, and costs.
- Technical skills.Project Assistants in all specialties must be able to use computer software, such as AutoCAD, and work with spreadsheet tools.
- Planning and Time Management– to ensure that projects are completed within set timeframes.
- Resource Management – ensuring that equipment is available throughout the building project.
- Financial and Budget Management – making sure that the project is completed within a financial budget.
- Communication – arranging meetings and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of the project’s progress.
- Delegation and Motivation – the Project Manager, will be responsible for ensuring that tasks are delegated effectively and staff remain motivated to complete the project to a high standard.
- Stone Installation and General Construction – at times of uncertainty the project manager may be relied upon for his superior knowledge of the industry, other trades and specific problems.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Project Management experience do you have?
- How many years of Stone Installation experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Project Management Professional (PMP)?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?