Job ID: 234482007
URPOSE OF POSITION: The Construction Project Manager oversees renovation or new construction projects, primarily multi-family affordable housing communities financed with Low Income Housing Tax Credits. Responsibilities include coordinating turnover of communities to construction contractors, oversight of all construction activities, and acceptance at project completion, including handover to SHRA property management
Staff Supervision Model
supervisory strategies and approaches that demonstrate the Agency Cultural Objectives in all aspects of staff communication and supervision, when supervising directly or when coaching a staff member to whom you have delegated supervisory responsibility. Supervisory duties include the responsibility to:
Construction Project Management
• Provide technical assistance to document site and building existing conditions during project design
• Coordinates project handover to construction contractors
• Oversees construction contractors and coordinates the activities of the entire project team during construction as the owner's representative
• Coordinates activities of contractors, architects, engineers, and outside agencies during construction
• Manages projects to meet schedule, budget, and specification requirements
• Review and administer contractor prepared project construction schedules
• Performs project site observations of construction activities and documents findings
• Uses special inspection and material testing services contracts to perform construction quality assurance observations and inspections
• Observes and documents construction contractor compliance with applicable safety standards
• Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations on RFIs, change orders, and submittals
• Prepares and maintains project documentation in accordance with SHRA records management and retention policies
• Participates in the review of contractor applications for payment and processes other invoices for payment
• Participates in evaluation panels for contract bids and proposals
• Participates in or leads pre-construction conferences at project start
• Performs other duties as assigned
Design Project Management
• Prepare scope definition documents in collaboration with internal SHRA clients to meet program requirements.
• Establish design requirements scope of work for the team on each project
• Review design documents (from conceptual design to final construction drawings) for compliance with SHRA general and project specific design requirements, municipal, state, federal, and HUD requirements
• Oversee preparation of cost estimates at milestone dates in design development such as schematic design, design development, etc.
• Assist the Department head with, Design and Engineering, in establishing architectural and engineering requirements and standards for SHRA facilities
• Provide technical assistance to department head to document site and building existing conditions, and propose design recommendation for SHRA facilities rehabilitation, or reconstruction
• Develop internal project design planning schedules. Monitor and manage team progress and schedules
• Maintain project file records; process invoicing for and other related contracts.
• Coordinate the preparation and assembly of technical project documents for construction bids in collaboration with the Agency's procurement group
• Prepare or coordinate the preparation of responses to contractor requests for information and clarification during construction
• Perform project site observations of construction activities and prepare thorough documentation of findings
• Administer and effectively utilize special inspection and material testing services contracts to perform construction quality assurance observations and inspections.
• Prepare and maintain project documentation in accordance with SHRA's records management and retention policies
• Participate in bid or proposal evaluation panels for selection of construction contractors and technical consultant
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture or Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required and a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible professional experience in managing Construction contractors and design and engineering professionals during construction is required
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be proficient (intermediate level) in the following software: - MS Word - MS Excel - MS Outlook - MS Project
• Must champion teamwork by balancing team and individual goals
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to explain design, engineering, and construction concepts to people at all levels in an organization
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work with all areas and at all levels of an organization to develop and document agreement on construction management processes and requirements, then follow up by managing to expectations
• Must be able to manage teams to deliver accurate and well organized deliverables that meet established requirements on schedule
• Must be have keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must be able to handle a significant workload through assignment prioritization and time management
• Must have strong quantitative, analytical, creative, and critical thinking skills
• Must be highly motivated and takes initiative
• Must be innovative and resourceful
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency can't function without great employees. We are always on the lookout for talented, caring individuals to join our team! Employment with the Agency represents more than just a job. A career in public service is an opportunity to serve fellow citizens across Sacramento. Professions in government help...
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency can't function without great employees. We are always on the lookout for talented, caring individuals to join our team! Employment with the Agency represents more than just a job. A career in public service is an opportunity to serve fellow citizens across Sacramento. Professions in government help support many aspects of our community and considering a career in public service is an honorable choice.
The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is a great place to work. SHRA was honored with the 2010 Sacramento Workplace Excellence Leader (SWEL) award presented by the Sacramento Area Human Resource Association (SAHRA). The Agency was recognized for its organizational philosophy of meaningful work, commitment to employee development, work/life balance, and opportunities to have fun with co-workers.
We promote a commitment to community all across the Agency. SHRA employees feel good about the work they do everyday in the organization to make Sacramento a better place to live, work and play.