Civil / Geotechnical Engineer
- Arizona Foundation Solutions
- Phoenix, Arizona
Arizona Foundation Solutions LLC.
DATE: September 2019
REPORTS TO: Owner
If you are looking to make a difference in the world you have found a place to do it.
Arizona Foundation Solutions is revolutionizing the foundation repair world and needs a dynamic Civil/Geotechnical engineer to help us make a lasting change.
We are the only foundation repair contractor in North America to Separate the sales and engineering functions to bring true peace of mind to our customers with Transparent Engineered Solutions.
As a leading member of our Engineering team, you would guide a group of professionals to gather data and compile a forensic evaluation, recommendations and repair specifications that is unparalleled in the industry. These reports bring ethics and objectivity to a typically subjective, conflicted process.
You can be proud that you are playing a big part in not only bringing ethical, objective support to each customer, but also blazing a trail for others to follow in the industry.
Produces Engineering Forensic analysis reports for the company’s clients. Prepares and submits permits for jobs when required. Provides engineering support to co-workers. Interfaces with local engineering and other professional organizations to promote the company. Supports the management, purpose, mission, and values of the company.
**Engineering Insurance is provided
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Produces an Forensic Analysis for the company’s clients as needed. Reviews, approves, and stamps each EA.
- Prepares and submits permits for jobs when required by law.
- Discusses projects and product applications with co-workers to quickly determine solutions. Provides engineering support and documentation as needed to co-workers.
- Writes technical documents, specifications, drawings, and calculations as needed.
- Interfaces with local engineering and other professional organizations to represent and promote the company.
- Meets yearly organizational and individual development goals and objectives.
- Regular, reliable on-site attendance.
- Ability to legally drive a motor vehicle. Ability to travel out of the state and country.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of residential and commercial building construction.
- Knowledge of forensic engineering – evaluating distressed structures and determining cause and appropriate repair options.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to apply general structural engineering principles in the detailing of pile, tieback, and anchoring systems.
- Ability to read and understand geotechnical engineering reports.
- Ability to apply soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering principles to pile, tieback, and anchor applications.
- Possess talent and personal traits:
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed P.E. with at least 4 years of related experience; or
- A combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven record of accomplishment in this field.
- A valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen - 75-100% of the time
Communicate accurately on the telephone and in person with others - 75-100% of the time
Move about/Traverse - 0-24% of the time
Accurately operate a computer and calculator - 75-100% of the time
Ascend/Descend/Move self to lower position to inspect items under, on, or close to floor level - 0-24% of the time
Ability to drive a vehicle - 50-74% of the time
Ability to enter and work in a crawlspace - 0-24% of the time
Ability to travel overnight, up to 5 days a week - 0-24% of the time
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS FOR LIFTING, CARRYING, PUSHING, PULLING
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects. Job involves maintaining a stationary position most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is required only occasionally.
We're committed to offering our employees opportunities to work on challenging projects and to grow professionally. Arizona Foundation Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Job ID: 247768485