CR Properties, LLC
Position: Owner’s Representative
Job Requirements: 10+ years as a construction project manager (or) 5 years with a design or construction related bachelor’s degree; high-level leadership qualities; excellent communication skills; up to 50%-75% travel expected
The Owner’s Representative (OR) must be an effective communicator who can resolve issues while minimizing risk to the owner. The OR must be proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe, and Microsoft Outlook. Previous experience with PlanGrid or comparable project management software will be very beneficial.
The OR is responsible for managing all project activities, from commencement of construction through commissioning. The OR must professionally communicate the project objectives to all stakeholders, monitor progress, adjust strategies (when necessary), prepare and control reporting metrics. The OR shall report to and assist the VP of Construction (VPC) in coordinating and executing the following areas:
1. During the pre-construction phase, assist the VPC in ensuring that a clear, defined scope of work (Contract Documents), which meets the owner’s requirements has been developed, organized and archived for dissemination and all items on the development checklist are progressing on schedule.
2. During construction, ensure that the scope of work does not change without official change modification. Ensure that all change requests are justified and all associated pricing are verified. Obtain the required architect/engineer and owner signatory approvals for any such changes. Manage all change requests as directed by the contract documents. Prepare and maintain a change control log.
1. Create and maintain master Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule. The Master Schedule should include all project activities including, but not limited to: design, procurement, permitting, construction, and commissioning. Every activity must have an assigned duration and be logically correlated to other activities. A baseline should be established and updated monthly and metrics of the critical path reported properly.
1. During the pre-construction phase, assist the VPC in preparing realistic budget parameters for the entire project (as needed). Utilize all resources to maximize budget accuracy (archived project cost data, published industry data, and market-driven price exploration).
2. Create a Master Schedule of Values (MSOV) to organize and track project costs.
3. Obtain and monitor the Architect’s & Contractor’s Schedules of Values (SOV) in respect to work performed. Perform Earned Value Measurement (EVM) analyses when verifying all requests for payment. Update the MSOV monthly. Manage and update all costs associated with scope change.
1. Ensure the Contractor has established and is adhering to their internal quality control plan.
2. Establish and manage a quality assurance plan, verifying that all third-party testing reports meet the specified parameters.
3. Verify that submittal process is clear and transparent (forms, logs, etc.). Ensure that designers and contractors are inquiring and responding professionally, timely and accurately.
1. Ensure the Contractor is reporting site conditions, weather, activities, etc. on daily logs.
2. Verify that Request for Information (RFI) process is clear and transparent (forms, logs, etc.). Ensure that designers and contractors are inquiring and responding professionally, timely and accurately.
3. Review and approval of monthly draw requisitions.
4. Create and disseminate monthly project summary reports. Reports should be comprehensive and include the following elements: overall summary, current activities, upcoming activities, project schedule status, project cost report (complete with Earned Value Measurement), quality concerns and project photos.
1. Identify, document and update any uncertain events or conditions. (These events could present a positive or negative effect on the project objective. OR should mitigate all negative risks, while exploit all the positive ones.)
2. Create a risk identification log using various analyses
Job ID: 249375031