1 - 3 years
* * * LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY * * *
C.A.P. Government, Inc. is looking for the immediate hire of a Civil Engineer (EIT - Engineer in Training) for our Fort Lauderdale office. The candidate will be assisting in various aspects of the Civil engineering portion of a project while working under the supervision and guidance of a licensed Civil Engineer (PE). This includes assigning technical planning, design and construction support, assisting project managers, reviewing different plans and specifications, preparing project status, and other reporting requirements. Experience in water resources is a plus!
Candidate must be solutions-oriented; communicate effectively to a variety of audiences; and to be able to build strong, positive working relationships. Individual must be a self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and work independently with limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performing Civil services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed.
- Assists in the planning, design, and production of engineering drawings. May supervise the production of these drawings. Carries out specific assignments in preparing and assembling specifications.
- Participates in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, the performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- Prepares assigned sections of reports working under the close review of a more experienced professional.
- Participates on projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with easily interpreted specifications; assists in recordkeeping and in generating progress reports; observes relatively simple construction procedures, and collects samples for quality control testing.
- Performs data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations.
- Prepares material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing a rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations.
- Responsible for generating transmittals, filing, sending out and receiving documents in both electronic and hardcopy formats.
- Responsible for distributing and tracking document submissions/approvals to ensure that they are reviewed in a timely manner in order to maintain the project schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training – EIT - certification or proof of passing FE Exam if about to graduate
- Proficiency in Auto CAD, Civil 3D, and Microstation
- Experience in water resources is a plus
- Commensurate with experience and licensure
We offer competitive compensation packages; medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); employee referral; educational reimbursement; and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace / Veterans
Our firm is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job ID: 259821796