Use bricks, concrete blocks, concrete, and natural and manmade stones to build walls, walkways, fences, and other masonry structures. This is a journey-level classification. Working conditions include restricted movement, dirty environment, extreme temperatures, lifting or carrying heavy objects.
About this Role:
Borgo Construction Corporation prides itself in being detail-oriented, with quality and precision being the focus. Candidates should also be detail-oriented. Candidates must also be able to work in a Team, in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
We are looking for a skilled, experienced mason who can cut, dress and lay materials, and who is proficient with both modern power tools and traditional hand tools. Masons should be able to create footings for foundations, concrete slabs, sidewalks, and lay blocks, bricks, and stones as well as carry out additional tasks. Masons can expect to work in all weather and with various materials, lift and carry heavy objects, and read and assess technical drawings. Their responsibilities include texturing and polishing blocks, bricks, or stone, installing materials, mixing cement and mortar, and restoring old and damaged masonry works.
Successful masons should have a love for traditional techniques, a keenness for learning, exceptional problem-solving skills, and should have a natural talent for working with their hands.
Typical working Hours:7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Typical Working Days:Monday-Friday (sometimes Saturday).
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare surfaces prior to beginning work and clean surfaces for work activities.
· Cut, shape, and dress materials.
· Lift, carry, and place prepared blocks, bricks, or stone.
· Read and follow technical drawings.
· Mix cement and mortar.
· Restore old and worn masonry.
· Set forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch, depth, and alignment.
· Position construction forms or molds.
· Check forms that hold concrete to determine if they are properly constructed.
· Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation, measurements, and quality.
· Spread, level, and smooth concrete using tools such as rakes, shovels and floats.
· Spread concrete and aggregates mixtures. Finish surfaces.
· Monitor construction operations and environmental elements.
· Concrete casting and spreading.
· Produce rough concrete surfaces, using brooms or other tools.
· Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedges.
· Clean chipped area, using wire brushes, and feel and observe surfaces to determine if rough or uneven.
· Signal delivery personnel to appropriate areas and positions to facilitate delivery of materials.
· Pour materials into or on designated areas. Signal equipment operators to indicate proper equipment positioning.
· Apply hardening or sealing compounds to cure surfaces of concrete, and waterproof or restore surfaces.
· Work with pavers, blocks, bricks, concrete, mortar, and asphalt, as well as additional building materials.
· Operate machinery, tools, and equipment to compact, break, dig, fill, demolish, or construct structures and surfaces.
· Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
· Drill holes in construction materials.
· Cut metal and wood using appropriate tools and equipment.
· Position structural components.
· Wet surfaces to prepare for work activities, fill holes and cracks and smooth surfaces as needed.
· Fabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels.
· Mix substances and compounds as needed for work activities.
· Install building fixtures, metal structural components, anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills, and other fixtures.
· Cut openings into walls, ceilings, and floors.
· Use equipment and tools to safely perform basic construction tasks.
· Lay out work surfaces using leveling equipment, plumb bobs, tapes, squares, and additional equipment as needed.
· Prepare surfaces for finishes.
· Estimate materials and tools needed to complete projects.
· Assist in and complete additional work as needed, at worksites or in preparation for work activities.
· Maintain tools, equipment, and workspaces clean and organized, including but not limited to toolboxes, company vehicles, and worksites.
· Must maintain and wear proper safety equipment at all times appropriately, including but not limited to: hardhat, protective glasses, earplugs, and other equipment worn to prevent injury.
Skills and Assets:
· Knowledge of related tools, masonry techniques, equipment, and materials.
· Skilled in construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Previous experience in masonry or bricklaying; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved (Example: Construction Laborer).
· Ability to get to and from worksite, which may be multiple locations and vary depending on the project.
To apply for this role:
Please briefly explain your interest in Borgo Construction and include your resume. Thank you!
Borgo Construction Corporation (Borgo Construction) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. Borgo Construction Corporation expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of Borgo Construction Corporation’s. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Job ID: 269636779