About Freres Lumber:
When you join Freres Lumber, you’re working for a family business that has been in the community since 1922. Freres Lumber just built a new mill in Lyons that will manufacture Mass Plywood Panels. Currently we operate two Veneer Mills, a custom Drying Mill, a Plywood Mill, and a new Mass Plywood Panel Mill. In addition, we employ nearly 500 employees in areas such as Trucking, Maintenance, Electrical, Office Technology and Administration.
Click on our company profile page to watch our video. Upon hiring in, you will be able to bid on different positions including Feeders, Graders, or Patchers. If you’re looking for your next career move, consider joining the Freres Lumber team today!
- Production worker
- No experience required, willing to train.
- Will work Monday-Saturday (48 hours a week).
- Overtime available on Sundays on a volunteer basis.
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, swing, and graveyard.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Following safety procedures
- Maneuvering heavy objects such as handling of wood (veneer) that can weight up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Workers typically will pull on green chain, feed a veneer drying machine or pull and stack dry veneer coming out of a veneer dryer.
- Additional duties to be assigned as you bid on jobs, but may include:
- Pushing, pulling, sorting, and stacking of veneer sheets
- Patching, or filling in holes in plywood sheets
Compensation and Benefits:
- $15.00/ per hr. plus shift differential
- Life Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Profit Sharing