Construction Estimator/Project Manager
Compensation: $65,000 - $80.000 annually, dependent on experience
employment type: full-time
Established in 1971, DeAndrea Coring and Sawing, Inc. was one of the first companies of its kind in the Colorado region. We are a firm that specializes in the sawing and drilling of concrete /asphalt and demolition. Working on projects from egress windows in residential homes to saw cutting and removing over 400,000 linear feet of concrete at our local wind turbine factory, we have continued to be a leader in the industry for over 50 years.
Our mission at DeAndrea Coring and Sawing, Inc. is to provide the highest quality service available in the Rocky Mountain Region in the concrete and asphalt sawing and drilling industry.
We are currently looking for office staff to round out and complement our existing staff. If you are highly organized, self-motivated individual interested in working for a well-established company in a fast paced growing environment contact us today. Please note we are a small family run company and team work and support of our co-workers is essential.
Office Environment: (Construction Industry)
Projects and estimating are deadline driven and project determined. Weekend and Night work possible dependent on projects.
Duties: Construction Estimator/Project Manager
- Research and evaluate opportunities from various industry online bid sites.
- Actively maintain relationships with prior General Contractors for future opportunities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good rapport with executives, office management and other internal clients.
- Possiblility of job site visits in order to determine bid needs and maintain customer relations.
- Analyze drawings/sketches and specifications.
- Organize pricing for labor and materials from take offs to provide cost estimates.
- Provide feedback as needed to project and insure adjustment and accuracy of specifications and project requirements while reviewing project documents.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to assess a situation, quickly focus on the relevant issues and create multiple solutions for resolution.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve process, costs and efficiencies. Thoroughly review and check cost estimates for errors, before being sent to contractors.
- Seek clarity and understanding from President when you are not 100% certain.
- Estimate costs of change orders while projects are in progress.
- Follow company authorization policy on all bids.
- Provide and maintain any unit pricing and a database to be used for future projects for material labor costing.
- Reviews all contracts and subcontracts are properly written and signed/executed with regard to bids submitted. Work with Contract Administrator.
- Maintain bids, subcontractor and supplier database.
- Must ensure adherence to the companies signature authority policy.
- Generates and maintains documentation for negotiating change orders. Prices and drafts change orders and amendments. Follows through to ensure that contractual coverage is implemented.
- Prepares emails to clients requesting approvals and interpretations required to comply with the provisions of the contract.
- Monitors project expenditures versus contract cost limitations.
- Prepares emails to clients notifying them of contract cost limitations and requirements for additional funds.
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Follows up on problems demanding management attention to ensure a timely response to the client.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills relating to the construction industry.
- High attention to detail.
- Work ethic is essential. Must have a show up attitude. This is a small office and everyone counts.
- Must be punctual and deadline driven.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate..
- Previous experience in construction estimating,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently Excellent verbal and written communication skills Accurate and precise attention to detail, or other acceptable management program.
- Significant construction industry experience.
- Experience in the drafting of construction quotes.
- Looking for a self directed individual.
- Excellent writing and math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft Office.
- Degree in Engineering, construction management or technology preferred but not required. 3+ years experience required.
- Excel skills required.
- Project Scheduling
- Government Contracts- mandatory random drug testing, Valid drivers license required
- Benefits incuded for full time employees PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, and IRA offered