Lead Electrical Engineer
There is a place for you at Atlantic Design Group to Grow, Contribute, Learn, and Make a difference. ADG offers the opportunity to work with other disciplines on projects in the US and overseas. Our talented and dedicated multi-disciplinary teams work collaboratively with one goal - to meet our client’s objectives and solve their challenges. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career.
ADG is seeking an enthusiastic, articulate, motivated Lead Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team at our Columbia, MD office. This individual will lead the Electrical Engineering team(s) and oversee the electrical technical & design work for projects many which require interface and collaboration with various disciplines and consultants.
Due to the requirements in some of ADG’s contracts, all employees must be a U.S. citizen.
A Day in the life of a Lead Electrical Engineer looks like:
- Lead and mentor a team of junior electrical engineers
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, manage and oversee the work of less experienced engineers who assist with projects.
- Conducts site and construction surveys for information-gathering purposes and prepares reports. May include some travel
- Provides high level technical assistance and guidance for multi-site/phase due diligence, investigation, remediation, impact assessment, permitting, design, development, and construction of utility, industrial, and commercial scale projects in the public and private sector
- Complete projects from early concept through construction documents including execution of design narratives, specification editing, and material / product selection.
- Preparing design criteria documents, calculations, drawings, and specifications for electrical systems including power distribution, standby power, lighting, communications, fire alarm, security, and various other special systems
- Substantiates reports and documentation to advise on material, installations, design, component, and construction specifications
- Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license
- Must have at least 10+years’ experience in engineering and design of building or infrastructure electrical systems including standby power, lighting, and special systems
- Strong understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and contractors
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role
- Ideal candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) computer skills.
- Must be proficient in application of the National Electrical Code
- Power studies including coordination study, arc flash, and short circuit calculations, utilizing either ETAP or SKM
- Experience with:
- High-reliability power systems including generators and UPS
- ASHRAE 90.1 compliant lighting and lighting controls
- Fire alarm and mass notification systems
ADG provides a comprehensive package of benefits including subsidized medical & dental, no cost disability, life, and AD&D, generous Paid Time Off allowance and 401(k) with employer matched contributions.
ADG, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.