Miami Dade College, Hialeah Campus is now accepting applications for the Campus Facilities Planner. This role monitors the condition of all campus facilities (exterior & interior) and related campus site features and structures; documents and reports safety to life issues, deficiencies in facilities infrastructure systems, cleanliness, appearance, aesthetics, and interior décor and follows up to ensure all documented concerns are addressed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates planning and project administration on all campus capital outlay renovation, remodeling, and new construction projects
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains the campus capital outlay priority lists, status reports, space utilization and inventory reports
- Coordinates capital outlay projects execution and personnel moves
- Oversees campus master planning processes
- Participates in the development of project budget and schedule, pre-design project analysis process and design process
- Facilitates preparation of educational specifications
- Collaborates with facilities project managers in resolving issues concerning construction management issues
- Reviews design documents for compliance with submitted educational specifications
- Reviews, analyzes, and assists in the evaluation of issues pertaining to new and existing facility maintenance, renovations, and construction projects
- Responsible for Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment budgeting, procurement and installation on all capital outlay projects, recommends purchase of new and maintains the inventory of existing furniture
- Serves as facilities consultant to Campus Administration
- Prepares State Department of Education documents and related material as required by external agencies which have funded capital outlay projects
- Interprets state regulations and administers related College procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college in Architecture, Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field and five (5) years of experience.