Construction Project Superintendent
- Sussex Development Corporation
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
This job ad was removed 18 days ago. It either:
- Has been filled
- Was taken down by the employer
- Didn’t pass our most recent quality check
Search for other opportunities and apply to jobs you're interested in as soon as you can to ensure you don't miss out!
Sussex Development has an immediate opening for commercial construction Project Superintendents. This position is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia and the immediate surrounding area. The candidate must currently be in the area or willing to relocate. The Project Superintendent exercises independent and discretionary authority over the entire construction project and is responsible for the field profitability of each Sussex Development project he or she manages.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless it is an undue burden on the company or presents a direct threat to the health or safety of the individual or others.
Essential Functions & Duties Statements:
- Properly schedule the work of the crews, equipment, and subcontractors on the project in a safe and efficient manner
- Thoroughly reviews and understands the project contract documents, including the contracts, shop drawings, submittals, RFI’s, and change orders on the project, and manage the construction of the project in accordance with those items
- Properly updates and maintains all project contract documents on a daily basis, as needed, including daily journal, project photos, schedule, safety inspections & reports, receipts for purchases, etc.
- Ascertain that subcontractors and Sussex Development employees assigned to the project are well qualified and are efficiently carrying out duties assigned. Assume responsibility for productivity of each trade, efficient use of materials and equipment, and all parties’ contractual performance of their obligations on the project
- Coordinate effectively with the Project Manager, seeking his or her assistance in the scheduling of materials, equipment, and subcontractors
- Thoroughly coordinate, inspect, and ensure all aspects of the construction are being properly and safely installed per plans and specs by all onsite resources, including labor and subcontractors
- Keep the construction progress schedule current. Review schedule status and job costs daily, weekly, and monthly, as required for each specific project
- Maintain close communication with Project Manager and Project Engineer on any unforeseen problems which may develop
- Initiate project closeout procedures including a pre-punch list walkthrough with the Project Manager and implementation of a punchlist
- Proactively work to have zero punchlist items noted during the final walkthrough. If items are noted, work to completely finish the list in an expedited fashion
- Ensure that the Sussex Development safety regulations are followed by Sussex and subcontractor crews. Responsible for conducting safety meetings, requiring meeting attendance, and documenting all safety meetings, inspections and actions taken.
- Maintain a high standard of quality control at all times
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Competency Statements: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Adaptability: The ability to remain flexible, being able to handle multiple demands and adapting to new situations
- Client Focus: The ability to anticipate, meet, or exceed clients needs, wants and expectations
- Communication: The ability to clearly and effectively present and understand ideas
- Conflict Resolution: The ability to facilitate the prevention and/or resolution of conflict while preserving relationships
- Consensus Building: The good faith effort to meet the interests of all stakeholders to reach an agreement and maximize possible gains
- Decision Making: The ability to use experience and data to analyze all aspects of a situation to make consistently sound and timely decisions
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to use available information and data to reach a logical conclusion
- Delegation: The ability to assign and entrust a task or responsibility to others
- Detail Oriented: The ability to pay close attention to all the small particulars
- Honesty & Integrity: The ability to be truthful, sincere, and free of deceit and the steadfast adherence to ethical codes
- Goal Oriented: The ability to be focused on defining, recognizing, and completing specific tasks to achieve a planned outcome
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to build rapport to effectively interact with others
- Motivated: Having an incentive or strong desire to succeed
- Planning & Organizing: The ability to proactively approach, establish and prioritize courses of action to ensure that work is completed effectively
- Relationship Building: The ability to foster trust and respect of all parties
- Safety Awareness: The ability to recognize, mitigate and correct unsafe practices to achieve a safe workplace
Minimum of 5 to 7 years of commercial construction field management experience
Construction Management Degree preferred
Ability to thoroughly understand and follow plans and specifications in the construction process
Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and the vision & foresight to achieve the most efficient processes
Must be able to create, implement, update, and manage a construction progress schedule
Ability to suggest job cost and progress schedule controls to help make a project profitable
Ability to understand, inspect and supervise all aspects of job layout and surveying
Ability to communicate with and manage the activities of all employees, subcontractors, and vendors on a jobsite and to effectively implement Sussex Development goals.
Have working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Apple Ipad’s, Outlook, Adobe PDF, photo management applications and be completely comfortable with electronic project recordkeeping. Prior experience with CMIC project management software a plus
Working knowledge of ICRA and ISLM procedures
Must be certified in first aid & CPR
Must have OSHA 30 training certification
The above functions, duties, qualifications, and requirements are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required, and are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum responsibilities. These job requirements may be altered to suit the needs of the Company by the President.
Job ID: 351083817