- Clune Contruction Company
- Vienna, Virginia
Raise your hand if you're craving a work environment that values your talent. Join the Clune family where youre valued as an employee owner! Clune Construction is proud to be made up of passionate, driven, unique individuals who exhibit integrity and value quality in everything they do. We welcome diversity of thought and life experience. As an employee-owned company, we invest in our people and in turn, our people benefit from a culture of shared fate. We believe this has led to us being the fortunate recipient of countless awards for our culture and ethics, including Best Places to Work for 3 years in a row, a Top Workplace nationally, and a recipient of the Chicago Better Business Bureau, the Torch Award for outstanding ethics.
The Assistant Project Superintendent will be located on the project site throughout the duration of the project. An Assistant Project Superintendent works directly for the project superintendent to support the site activities including access, scheduling, deliveries, logistics, safety, quality and construction. An assistant superintendent works closely with the superintendent to ensure execution of the project plan and is involved in all aspects of a project from pre-construction through closeout.
What We Offer:
At Clune Construction we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premiums paid by the company
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid and Voluntary Life Insurance Plans
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- Career Development through Mentoring Program, Learning & Development, Continuing Education
- Fitness Program
- Pet Insurance
Core Values and Behaviors:
Clune Construction is proud to have Core Values and Behaviors that all of our employees represent. These Core Values are: Service, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Leadership and Innovation. Performance is evaluated with these Core Values in mind.
- Participate in pre-construction scheduling, logistics, and planning to document existing conditions and create simple logistics plans and schedules.
- Maintain and update project schedules; produce daily reports and weekly updates including progress photos.
- Document and maintain a complete and updated field set of documents, validate all subcontractor RFIs before submitting, and suggest no cost field resolutions where appropriate.
- Be an ambassador for Clunes safety culture and OSHA standards to enforce a safe work environment and lead and document safety meetings.
- Coordinate field team, subcontractors, and owner vendors with proactive communication, and lead and document coordination and weekly foreman meetings.
- Recognize and work to resolve on-site challenges and issues for a timely resolution with minimum cost impact.
- Attend career fair, client/industry events, and client presentations when appropriate.
- The Assistant Superintendent will mentor and train Project Engineers, Field Assistants, and Interns.
- Ability to understand a project schedule.
- Ability to provide and update project deliverables.
- Understands and is developing knowledge in construction, and has analytical ability.
- Ability to complete lists provided by superiors.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding profitability how to build a project within the project requirements.
- Understanding of a project from start to finish.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering a plus.
- 0-5 years of experience managing commercial interior, healthcare and/or mission-critical projects.
- Background in construction trades and technical knowledge of wood frame, steel and concrete structures a plus.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-first attitude.
- Highly motivated with strong skills in time management and prioritization.
- Solid background in construction trades and technical knowledge.
- Proficiency with scheduling software,
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
All candidates must provide a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.