Job ID: 130057511
employment type: full-time/permanent/long term employment
Premier Magnesia, LLC, is the only producer of Magnesium Oxide from a natural deposit of ore in North America. Premier Magnesia, LLC, is also the oldest, continuously operating mine in Nevada (1940), with a mine life expectancy to take you to retirement. If you are looking for wide open spaces, high sierra desert/mountains to call your backyard, and a management team that is embracing change, Gabbs, NV, is the place for you.
This is a rural employer with habitable communities 69 miles away (Hawthorne, NV) and 83 miles away (Fallon, NV) or in the mining town located 3 miles from mine site (Gabbs, NV). www.premiermagnesia.com
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC position open for millwright work; minimum of 4 years' experience as a full Millwright - no apprenticeships or apprentices. Job includes but is not limited to: repair of conveyor belts, bucket elevators, crushers, ball mills, screens, pumps, etc. Experience in industrial construction and/or repair may count.
Hourly Wage: $29.75/hour, varied schedule/40 hours per week. Medical, Vision, Dental and 401K, vacation after 6 months, Safety Bonus and Perfect Attendance Bonus.
Job requires a thorough knowledge of the load bearing capabilities of the equipment used as well as an understanding of blueprints and technical instructions. Primary purpose of installing, maintaining, upgrading and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment.
Typical duties include:
• Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
• Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
• Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
• Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
• Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
• Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
• May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
• Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
• Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
• Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
• Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipments, using hand tools and power wrenches.
• May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
• In addition may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer and Carpenter and possibly electrician.
Should be able to:
• Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Follow instructions and read blueprints.
• Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
• Work at heights without fear.
• Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
• Plan work and solve problems.
• Make decisions based on measurable information.
• Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and operate machinery.
Millwrights must be physically able to:
• Coordinate eye-hand movements;
• Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl;
• Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction);
• Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
• Premier Magnesia, LLC, is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all
• employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or
• gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Premier Magnesia, LLC, also complies with all
• applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Submit resumes to fax number click to view or respond to this ad.
This job is open only to Lawful Permanent Residents (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1101(a)(20)), or Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1324b(a)(3), namely, U.S. Citizens, Refugees, and Asylees.
Premier Magnesia, LLC
Premier Magnesia, LLC, is a global market leader in magnesia-based products and solutions for dozens of applications ranging from agricultural to industrial and environmental markets. We are one of the world's principal manufacturers and suppliers of high purity calcined magnesium oxide and magnesium hydroxide products. For over 50 years, the...
Premier Magnesia, LLC, is a global market leader in magnesia-based products and solutions for dozens of applications ranging from agricultural to industrial and environmental markets. We are one of the world's principal manufacturers and suppliers of high purity calcined magnesium oxide and magnesium hydroxide products. For over 50 years, the Company and its predecessors have owned and operated a magnesia mine and processing plant located in Gabbs, Nevada, that will continue to offer the only domestically-mined source of magnesia ore in the United States well into the future.
Our Giles Chemical Division is the largest producer of magnesium sulfate, commonly known as Epsom Salt, in North America. Premier Magnesia and Giles Chemical are your essential magnesia mineral source, assuring consistent quality, technical expertise, and long term reliable supply.
To own and maintain USA-based production from mineral to final product; ensuring reliability of supply, quality control, and cost-effectiveness.
To set a standard-of-excellence in client experience through our responsiveness, technical expertise, and innovative solutions.
To be advocates for magnesia as a natural mineral that is safe, reliable, and adds value to numerous product applications in multiple industries.
Magnesia-based product chemistries are Generally-Recognized-As-Safe (GRAS) and non-hazardous, offering environmentally responsible solutions to complex problems.
Some Historical Facts About the Mineral Magnesium
In 1808, Sir Humphrey Davy first isolated several of the alkaline earth metals, naming them after their oxides as barium, strontium, calcium, and magnesium. Davy derived the term "magnesium" from the common name for magnesium oxide: magnesia.
Magnesium is the 8th most abundant compound in the earth's crust, and the 11th most abundant element in the human body.
Magnesia is considered a "universal neutralizer", which makes it ideal for applications where pH control is essential for safety and treatment, such as in environmental, industrial, and spill response applications.
Magnesium oxide is an essential nutrient in many animal feeds for providing mineral nutrition for digestive health and well-being.
Discovered in Epsom, England, magnesium sulfate heptahydrate (aka Epsom Salt) has been used as a therapeutic / soaking treatment for aching muscles and joints for over 300 years.
We Wrote the Book on Magnesia
"The Chemistry and Technology of Magnesia"
by Dr. Mark. A Shand, Director of Product Development and Process Technology
A Complete Guide to Magnesia - From Mining to End Use
MARK A. SHAND is the Director of Product Development and Process Technology for Premier Magnesia LLC, where he is responsible for the research and development of magnesia chemicals. He has technical experience with dispersion technologies, industrial and municipal applications, and production of magnesia and oxide products. In addition he has written several articles on magnesia and oxide. He is also a member of the American Chemical Society.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Waynesville, North Carolina.
Contact our customer service and sales professionals to help obtain maximum, cost-effective performance in your specific application.
Call us at 1-800-227-4287