Growing townhome builder in Houston is seeking an experienced construction superintendent for supervising field constructions of multiple urban projects and fulfillment of existing homes' warranty requests.
The Superintendent’s primary responsibilities are construction/delivery of up to 12 homes and while adhering to product quality standards, construction budget, and project schedule. Successful candidates would demonstrate a detailed understanding of COH building codes.
- Coordinating, directing, monitoring, and inspecting the delivery of all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Verification of job completion and site readiness after delivery of work by subcontractor at the job site.
- Managing city and 3rd party inspections and building/maintaining positive relationships with assigned agents.
- Review and approval of subcontractor’s weekly invoices for payments.
- Assistance in procuring third party contractors during construction.
- Assistance in third party contractor price negotiations.
- Ensuring selections match builder specs and selected upgrades.
- Walkthrough of homes with buyers during construction and prior to closing.
- Maintaining a thorough and complete understanding of the general contract and all subcontracts, contract drawings, specifications and addenda.
- Delivery management of warranty requests in coordination with warranty queue manager.
- Internal communication focal for assigned new developments.
- Presentation of weekly production updates.
The ideal candidate possesses effective communication skills and a proven track record in supervising construction of homes in the city of Houston. Time management skills and drive for quality are critical for success in the role. The ideal candidate would also demonstrate:
- 4-5 years’ experience with urban residential home construction
- Knowledge of COH construction codes and requirements necessary for passing framing and mechanical inspections among others.
- Completion of related associate's degree or any bachelor's degree