The Tile Installer’s primary responsibility will be the installation of custom tile in residential and commercial projects.
Brekhus is a government contractor and requires all employees to be able to pass a federal background check and drug screening.
Responsibilities (specific job duties)
- You can measure, mark, clean, and level surfaces to be tiled (following project plans, blueprints, or numbered sequences).
- Remove old flooring and adhesive when needed.
- Mix thin set, mortar, adhesive, and grout
- Apply adhesives to form a bed for the tiles using brush, trowel, and/or screed; attach lath or waterproof paper or apply cement mortar coat onto a metal screen.
- Apply grouting, caulk, sealants, or other agents to installed surfaces, grouting between joints.
- Cutting and/or or shape tile or stone to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Move or position materials – as required by the job specifications.
- Seek work order clarification from the Superintendent and can communicate effective daily progress to Field Superintendent, including continuous communications as necessary for scheduling purposes.
- Complete timecards accurately and on-time and attend meetings and training sessions as assigned by senior management.
- Work professionally with fellow employees, management, customers, and contractors.
- Utilize and maintain all tools and machines according to company policy.
- Transport materials, tools, and machines to installation sites when needed.
- Erect scaffolding and/or other installation structures when needed.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook, Company Safety and Health rules, OSHA regulations, and all other applicable federal and state regulations.
- Other tasks as instructed by management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience of installing tiles (ceramic, marble, granite, etc.), laying out work, repairing and tile patching, preparing sub-surfaces, sealing surfaces, waterproofing, caulking, and grouting.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of tile, stone, and granite.
- Ability to read technical drawings, math calculations (measuring, addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, ratios, percentages, dimensions, basic algebra, geometry, and their applications), oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to perform physical activities pertaining to the essential functions of the position: Requires considerable use of arms/legs and moving of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, carrying and lifting 50-100lbs.
- Detail and task-oriented, dependable, and professional.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Prevailing Wage (determined by select government projects)
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance and Holistic company compensation (HSA option)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, and other Supplemental Insurance options
- Wellness Discounts
- 401K Contribution Plan
WHO WE ARE
Since its inception, in 1998, Brekhus has established itself as a trusted source in Denver and Colorado for any stone and tile project, regardless of complexity. Our philosophy is simple – Provide Quality, Timely, and Professional installations & fabrication. Brekhus is the only MIA Commercial B accredited contractor in Colorado. Brekhus’ dynamic team of professionals includes business development, project design & management, and superior quality control for installation and fabrication. Brekhus takes prides in fostering a culture of Safety, Quality & Teamwork.
YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
(Use appropriate one below)
Field/Material Handling/Fabrication This position requires working with stone cutting and polishing equipment that require personal protective equipment to be worn, including hearing protection. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds repetitively and up to 100 occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The duties of this job are performed in either machine shop and/or at jobsites, thereby experiencing moderate level of noise due to machine equipment. Some position requires traveling between jobsites and Brekhus when needed. Brekhus requires all employees who drive their personnel or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance. May require extended hours to meet customer's needs.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions.