* * * LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY * * *
Electrical Plans Examiner and Inspector
CAP Government, Inc. is seeking the immediate hire of licensed Electrical Plans Examiner and Inspector needed for inspection and plan review services of construction projects. The work involves the interpretation and application of these regulations as applied to customer relations, the review of building construction (commercial and residential construction) blueprints, product approvals, shop drawings, and other project documents. Some travel may be required for inspections and/or managing projects in the assigned area. Candidates must possess a professional demeanor, have both technical and industry experience, and be a team player.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- Conducts examination of building permit applications, including blueprints, specifications, surveys, product approvals, and shop drawings and all other required documents for compliance with the Florida Building Code and other regulations relating to building construction.
- Prepare written and electronic reports and issue notices of correction
- Recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations
- Meets with design professionals, contractors, and other interested parties to discuss technical code issues that arise during the plan review process.
- Prepares and maintains all required records and reports.
- Inspects buildings and other facilities for compliance with the Florida Building Code and all other related regulations as required by the supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
- State of Florida Professional Engineer (PE) in electrical; or
- State of Florida Plan Review License (PX) in electrical; or
- State of Florida Inspector License (BN) in electrical, or
- ICC Residential & Commercial Plans Examiner and/ or Inspection certification in electrical; and
- Must have knowledge of the Florida Building Code and other regulations pertaining to construction and development.
- Ability to understand and interpret codes and evaluate project proposals and projects under construction to verify conformance with code requirements.
- Certified or certifiable as a Building Plans Examiner by the Miami Dade or the Broward County Board of Rules and Appeals (BORA), is a plus!
We offer competitive compensation packages; medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); employee referral; educational reimbursement; and more.
- Commensurate with experience and licensure
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace / Veterans
Our firm is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job ID: 259821923