* * * LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY * * *
CAP Government, Inc. is seeking the immediate hire of a Zoning Compliance Reviewer needed to review technical work reviewing building permit applications to ensure compliance with Miami-Dade Land Development Regulations and the General Code. Some travel may be required for inspections in the assigned area.
We currently have positions available in our Broward and Miami-Dade office. Candidates must possess excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- Knowledge of accepted planning principles and practices, current development trends, Miami-Dade County geography and natural systems, modern regulatory practices, and research techniques.
- Knowledge of the political, social and economic implications of development regulation, and of the implications for natural, physical and human resources.
- Knowledge of the laws, ordinances, and codes dealing with zoning standards and requirements, including Martin County's codes and policies, Florida statutes and applicable case law.
- Reviewing building and other permits electronically and/or in hard copy format to ensure compliance with use, height, density, placement requirements, and parking ratios;
- Receiving, screening, and processing land use applications and providing information to the public on using or developing the property to comply with the Zoning Ordinance;
- Ability to read and interpret architectural blueprints, maps and map coordinate systems, including GIS.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural blueprints, surveys and other documents related to building permit review.
- Ability to learn digital mapping software, especially ArcView, to access information relating to environmental review, planning, zoning and addressing.
- Ability to assemble data and to prepare and maintain correspondence, records and reports.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory working relationships with employees, government officials, private organizations, and the general public. Effectiveness in written and oral communication.
- Skilled in the use of an electronic database, computer system, and related software packages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
- A four-year accredited university or college degree in urban or regional planning, landscape architecture, geography, or related professional field; is preferred or,
- Associate's degree in Urban Planning, Construction Management, Architecture, Social Sciences, or related field, plus one year of full-time experience in plan review, zoning administration, building permit review, surveying, or other directly related areas.
- Additional qualifying experience may be a substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis. Additional education may be a substitute for no more than 6 months of experience.
- Zoning and/or code compliance and plan review experience preferred.
- Experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis
We offer competitive compensation packages; medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); employee referral; educational reimbursement; and more.
- Commensurate with experience and licensure
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace / Veterans
Our firm is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job ID: 259822006