Precision Contractors is seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Project Manager who is excited about helping us grow our national customer base, further developing our market share, and being part of a highly motivated team.
Precision Contractors is a commercial general contractor and was founded in 2005. While our corporate office in Englewood, Colorado, we serve markets throughout the USA. Our team is proud to be one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in Colorado and the top 2,500 fastest growing companies in the USA.
Precision Contractors builds its brand and reputation on quality performance and cost-effective commercial construction solutions we provide to the retail, entertainment, healthcare, industrial and professional office building markets throughout the USA. Much of our business comes from repeat clients who have experienced our company's values, attention to detail, and customer service.
We have built our business on pursuing customers for life. While we measure many KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), we put the highest priority on customer growth and retention, which translates to complete customer focus and satisfaction.
This job is a key management level position, supporting Project Estimating, Business Development, Business Operations, Clients, Field Operations, and Senior Management.
The position's primary role is to manage the project life cycle by creating, implementing, and managing the processes and tools required to handle projects pre/post-award.
The position has responsibility for managing, tracking, and reporting approved project budgets and ensuring the project financial goals are met. The work of our Project Management team establishes, tracks, and reports detailed project schedules that meet internal/external commitments. Proactively ensures the resources needed to complete a project are procured and made available at the job site. Proactively communicates with project principles the goals, objectives, expectations, ongoing status, issues, and corrective actions.
- Ability to call and retrieve bids from new and past vendors
- Ability to understand and communicate questions about project blueprint
- Assist any of the estimators in the estimating process
- Ability to create a project schedule
- Ability to lead a group of people associated with a project
- Schedule sub-trades as needed and update Precision clients and other stakeholders frequently throughout the job's life cycle.
- Manage and oversee every aspect of a job from start to finish. Project Managers are responsible for ensuring that work is completed on time and in accordance with all production, program protocol, and company standard operating procedures
- Create work orders throughout the life of the job
- Take photos and upload images to all applicable portals
- Consistently monitor the status of the job
- Maintain a clear and open line of communication throughout the entire job by proactively providing detailed information about the job status to all parties
- Maintain a complete job file including all "non-negotiables" per company standards
- Investigate and resolve issues with the support of internal staff
- Project Managers are responsible for submitting completed job files for final invoicing with all required documentation
- Extremely organized, prompt, efficient, and professional.
- Aptitude for handling a high volume of tasks while prioritizing effectively
- Skilled at proactively communicating directly with customers and colleagues
- Excels at working quickly on time-sensitive tasks while diligently following company protocol and focusing on detail accuracy
- Focused on being a team player who encourages and supports others while leading with enthusiasm and integrity
- Capable of bringing internal and external resources together to improve the overall customer experience
- Able to work and solve problems independently while maintaining a "team-player" attitude
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills, with a solid focus on customer care
- Ability to manage budgets and schedules, learn quickly, meet deadlines, stay organized and prioritize effectively
- Extraordinary attention to detail and focusses on accuracy
- Impressive professional etiquette displaying integrity, respect, and thoughtfulness
- Will work the required days and hours necessary to complete a project with quality, on time, and within budget
- Computer skillset to assist PM with schedule, budget & inventory tracking
- Excel, Microsoft Project, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to travel (Air & Car)
- A Valid Current Drivers' License is required for this job
- Self-starter with good analysis & problem-solving skills
- Ability to think in a fast pace environment and think on your feet
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Drug and criminal background check
- 2 – 5 years as Project Superintendent or Project Manager on construction projects
- Background in scheduling, Task management, Estimating
- Knowledgeable of the IBC
- Working experience with Microsoft Office
- Working remote and traveling for business
- BS in Construction Management
- Associates Degree in Construction Management with three years construction experience
- High School Graduation or GED, construction trade certified with five years in construction