UNVACCINATED APPLICANTS WELCOME!
Job Title: Project Manager
Department Group: Commercial Construction
Reports to: Primary- Project Executive
Secondary - President, Vice President
Position Type: Full-Time
Role and Responsibilities
Commercial Ground Up Construction - Overall project planning, distributing resources, time management, risk management, creating benchmarks, managing the budget, managing staff,and managing relationships with key stakeholders.Collaborate with clients and the design team to create a positive working environment to ensure a successful outcome.Provide the technical knowledge required for the job and leadership skills for directing the project team.
Project Manager Job Duties:
During pre-construction phase, assure that cost schedule and budget issues are properly addressed before the project has started.
During construction phase, review cost, schedule and budget on a monthly basis; review all owner change orders and overall construction coordination as required. Provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project starting from preconstruction through the completion of the project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment. Provide coordination and administration ensuring the contract documents are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget, all to the client’s satisfaction. Assist Superintendent with manpower issues. Maintain a professional relationship with the client to assure the client’s expectations are being met.
Additional Specific Duties to Include but Not Limited to:
A. Work Procurement
- Participate in the marketing effort by making contacts, maintaining a network of possible clients and project leads.
- Participate in presentation and proposal preparations, bringing knowledge of constructability into the process.
- Project Managers are encouraged to volunteer for a community or non-profit organization.
- Attend company-hosted or community after hours events.
B. Client Loyalty
- Understand and communicate to all field personnel the owner’s goals regarding construction.
- Maintains positive relationships with the owner and architect throughout the project(s).
- Maintain positive relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the Pre-Construction process.
- Participate in the Constructability review.
- Assist Pre-construction in owner contract negotiations.
- Assist Pre-construction on subcontractor scope, analyzing bids and subcontractor selection.
- Assist Pre-construction in preparing the overall project budget.
- Attend meetings while the project is in the preconstruction phase for client continuity.
- Ensure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors. Continually strives for Zero Incidents on all projects.
- Review the trade contractors’ safety program and MSDS information in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
- Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite. Report all safety incidents to Project Executive and main office.
- OSHA 30 certification to be attained within four (4) months of hire date (company will provide class)
- Attend Quarterly Safety Meetings.
- Attend and participate in weekly site-wide safety meetings and assist in delivering the message, distributing safety related materials, and documenting attendance.
- Assist with administering the safety orientation process for new subcontractor personnel before commencing work.
- Perform weekly safety audits and collaborate with the Superintendent to correct deficiencies as quickly as possible.
- Participate in safety inspections when the third party safety consultant conducts their monthly inspections. Working with the Superintendent, notify subcontractors who are violating safety policies. Correct non-complying work on the spot.
- Coordinate meetings between subcontractors, project team members, and third party safety consultant prior to performing critical, high risk activities such as but not limited to critical lifts, confined space entry, trenching, or hot work.
E. Planning and Construction
- Finalize project budget with accounting and update monthly.
- Prepare project schedule and update monthly or more frequently if needed.
- Back up all project files and work on the company server daily.
- Analyze project budgets for the most efficient and profitable application of manpower, materials and equipment.
- Analyze cost of materials and services required for each job.
- Provide functional supervision over Assistant Project Management staff, Project Superintendent(s) and Project Administrative Assistant.
- Negotiate and prepare all subcontracts and purchase orders in the early stages of the project.
- Hold weekly project meetings with all stakeholders. Distribute meeting minutes within 24 hours of the meeting.
- Coordinate and process change orders or technical problems with architect, client, suppliers, superintendents, subcontractors, and building officials.
- Maintain up-to-date job progress information and cost of labor and material data for job control and analysis.
- Assist the Superintendent in preparation of the overall scheduling for the project.
- Provide assistance to the project team for changes in scope.
- Prepare price and schedule changes resulting from changes made by client or design team.
- Oversee the performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Assist the accounting department with the maintenance of accounts and processing of payments to subcontractor.
- Work with General Superintendent on coordination of staff and equipment.
- When necessary, procure permits and work with building officials on the resolution of any code problems which may be encountered.
- Secure and review shop drawings and submittals from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare monthly draws and review with Senior Project Manager or Project Executive.
- Review project costs and monthly basis and submit reports to Project Executive as required.
- Approve subcontractors and suppliers billings.
- Prepare project close out, including but not limited to as-built, warranty and maintenance information, reviewing all final cost data, preparing closing statement and reviewing and approving final payment of retainage to subcontractors.
- Perform job site inspections throughout the construction phase of a project as required. Review job site conditions with Superintendent, including but not limited to workmanship, scheduling and safety.
- Submit reports to owners and architects about project budget and schedule.
- Release building to the full satisfaction of the client for occupancy. Coordinate final inspections with building officials and procure certificate of occupancy.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain an exhaustive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Construction Management or Building Construction.
- Five (5) or more years of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Must have and maintain knowledge base and understanding of current State and local municipality Building Codes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in Timberline accounting system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have a good command of the English language, oral and written.
Must have own vehicle for frequent travel.
The use of all appropriate and/or mandated safety equipment is required.
Must have clean driving record, as determined by our liability insurance carrier.
Must be able to pass a Level 2 background screening.
Must be able to walk on uneven terrain, and climb stairs and ladders.