The Multifamily Superintendent is to assist the SAM Senior Construction Managers, and Project Managers with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. The Superintendent is the construction site manager and the link between office management, accounting, and project administration. The position is to be aware of and ensure the management of submittal processes and approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining logs, schedules, budgets, and overall to facilitate a well-managed safe project. They must be flexible and adaptable team-players, while being easygoing and possessing strong communication, task management and client service skills.
- Perform a thorough review of all building plans prior to construction commencement.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in a critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities specific to the work being performed.
- Communicate with the project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals in time to maintain schedule.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections required by local jurisdictions and any involved financial institutions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, scheduling, and quality standards. Issue notices of non-compliance to record and correct these situations as they occur.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily logs and photographs of activities on the jobsite using software.
- Walk the site and all units on the project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Ensure subcontractors correct all deficiencies identified by the project team.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Conduct Safety Orientation Meetings and Weekly Jobsite Safety Meetings to ensure that Safety expectations are communicated to the entire project.
- Perform Safety Audits and Observations as part of an Active Safety Program.
- Adjust Responsibilities and duties to produce the smoothest possible overall progress on site.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction related studies preferred
- A minimum of 8-years’ experience in on-site multifamily construction supervision/management
- OSHA 30-Hour required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must reside in the Phoenix Metro area.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be experienced and able to read, understand and interpret construction documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules for constructability and conflict reviews specific to Multifamily construction.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and the ability to derive the most efficient method of completing tasks
- Must have the ability to create and edit the project schedule and use it as an effective planning tool, preferably with Microsoft Project.
- Strong working knowledge of the local multifamily construction industry and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Experienced knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Basic understanding of the technical and business aspects of construction project management.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Understanding building permit and inspection processes.
- Preferred ability to learn required technology and software applications, including Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, MS Projects, Outlook, and other Current software including Primavera; Green Halo, Egnyte, Blue Beam, Procore, Auto Desk, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- OSHA 10 Certification.
- Excellent communication and partnering skills to work effectively with subcontractors, consultants, internal staff, and regulatory agencies.
- Working Knowledge of OSHA regulations and accepted Safe Work practices for the Construction Industry
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met the Superintendent to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the Superintendent is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to work on construction in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. The employee is also required to use computers, phones, and other technology daily.