Commercial Roofing Foreman
Jewett Roofing Company is an award winning commercial / industrial roofing company. We are committed to providing the best professional roofing solutions for businesses across Colorado, the best employee experience in the roofing industry and the best supplier partnership across the country. We are looking for an individual that has the experience and leadership necessary to help us maintain these commitments.
Salary range: Complete salary package of $80,000-$100,000 annually.
Qualified Applicants Must Have:
- Previous commercial roofing experience specifically in TPO, EPDM, PVC (esp Sarnafil and Duro-Last) and Garland.
- A stable employment history (and professional references).
- Previous leadership experience (foreman/superintendent, etc) minimum 7 years in the commercial roofing industry.
- A willingness to work on and develop a team.
- A willingness to travel.
- A willingness to oversee multiple projects at one time.
- Basic computer skills and word processing skills.
- Basic report writing skills.
- Quality communication skills (written and verbal).
- A professional attitude.
- A quality work ethic.
- An understanding of the value of customer service.
- Understand and model the necessary attitude, aptitude and effort to individual work.
- A valid driver's license.
- Necessary documentation and authorization to work in the state of Colorado.
- Supervise all on-site construction activities of assigned projects from start to finish.
- Direct the on-site Construction Safety Program and weekly safety meetings.
- Oversee that job site safety procedures are being followed.
- Monitor compliance with building and safety codes as well as other regulations.
- Work closely with the Superintendent, Director of Operations, etc. in formulating and maintaining the construction schedule.
- Produce and submit daily reports.
- Assist in reviewing shop-drawing submittals from subcontractors.
- Supervise subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality control and project compliance.
- Resolve problems as they arise from the plans and specifications as well as unknown existing conditions.
- Facilitate conflict resolution with subcontractors, vendors and/or roofing crew.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the completion of all punch lists.
- Ensure that all roofing work performed is of the highest quality.
- Work with customers and the sales team to meet their requirements/scope on schedule and budget.
- Prepare project reports for management, clients, etc.
- Create the roofing schedule, determine labor requirements and perform pre-planning for new jobs.
- Manage and maintain the construction schedule.
- Ensure job safety and efficiency.
- Provide quality training for laborers and roofers to develop long-term commercial roofing skills.
- Oversee and provide training for the roofing apprenticeship program.
- Foster and develop team members and leaders within the technical crew.
The Commercial Roofing Foreman should have proven experience and deep knowledge of a wide variety of commercial roofing systems which must include PVC, EPDM, TPO, BUR, Garland and other commercial systems. Experience in installing and/or maintaining live roofing systems is also a plus. The candidate will have the ability to expertly use a wide variety of roofing tools and equipment.
Jewett Roofing Company places a high value on integrity, craftsmanship and teamwork. We strive to provide the best experience to our customers, the best experience to our employees and the best experience to our suppliers. These three focuses translate directly into everything we do.
Jewett Roofing Company will consider providing a relocation package and full time employees will receive medical benefits.
A Message from the President
Jewett Roofing Company is a different kind of place to work. We’ve worked very hard to make this a place where we value the effort, input and contributions from each and every employee. We’ve tried very hard to focus on exactly what we are looking for in our team members and have come up with the following:
-Be humbly confident, steady, calm and ready to learn.
-Have genuine integrity, be trustworthy and honest.
-Have a strong work ethic by being hard working, efficient and have an attitude in which merit is more important than an expectation of entitlement.
-Be relationship-focused with a positive attitude, loyalty and have a value of team-centeredness.
-Take initiative by being a self-starter, problem solver and an innovator.
In all of these, always Do the Right Thing, at all times, in all situations, regardless of the cost.
Our purpose and passion is Boldly Invest in People and give our team the Best Employee Experience we possibly can. I hope you’ll take a long look and see if our company is a fit.
Josh Butrin, President
Please note that we are a drug-free company and will not tolerate drug use by our employees; this includes any form of marijuana, medicinal or recreational.
Job ID: 249277089